2021 Advent giveaway
Terms and conditions
- Entries must be received by 17:00 NZDT 15 December 2021.
- This giveaway is open internationally to entrants aged 16 years or over, with the exception of the promoter, their family, and anyone else connected with this promotion.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to enter
- No purchase is necessary to enter the giveaway.
- Entries will be considered via the following platforms and associated criteria:
- Mailing list:
- Existing subscribers can enter by clicking the entry button within the promotional email newsletter.
- New subscribers (who join after the promotional email newsletter is sent) will be automatically entered.
- Twitter: by following @gbralph, liking the promotional tweet, retweeting the promotional tweet (i.e. either retweeting or quote retweeting), and tagging two other people in the comments.
- Instagram: by following @gbralph_, liking the promotional post, and tagging two other people in the comments.
- Facebook: by following @gbralph, liking the promotional post, and tagging two other people in the comments.
- Multiple entries will be considered, up to one entry on each platform per person.
- All valid entries will be entered into a giveaway which will be drawn at the end of the promotional period.
- One entry drawn at random will be the winner.
- The prize for the winner is a set of signed and dedicated paperback copies of Duck and Dive, Slip and Slide, and Over and Out (i.e. one copy of each book).
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the promoter reserves the right to substitute alternative prizes, or in exceptional circumstances to amend or end the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
Notification of winners
- The winner’s name will be posted on the promoter’s website (www.gbralph.com), to the promoter’s mailing list, Twitter (@gbralph), Instagram (@gbralph_), and Facebook (@gbralph).
- The winner agrees to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
- The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the decision.
- The promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the giveaway, unless otherwise stated in the entry details.
- By entering this giveaway, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the promoter for the purposes of the administration of this giveaway and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete or fail to reach the promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason.
- Automatically generated entries and entries via agents, bots, or third parties are invalid and will not be considered.
- The promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry (in the promoter’s sole opinion) does not comply with these terms and conditions or who (in the promoter’s sole determination) has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest, or unjust to other entrants. This includes, but is not limited to, hacking, deceiving, cheating, tampering with the operation of the giveaway, manipulating or rigging votes, or by harassing or threatening other entrants, the promoter, or a representative of the promoter.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with any social media platforms (i.e. Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook). Entrants acknowledge that all information and material submitted to enter this promotion is submitted to the promoter and not the social media platforms, and entrants agree that the social media platforms shall not be liable in any way with respect to this promotion.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand.